What to Pack for the Hospital when You Give Birth

So here it is, the day is near: you’re about to give birth! But are you prepared? 

Do you have everything you need neatly packed? 

Wait, what? You’re not sure about what you need to pack? 

Don’t worry, you’re not alone. 

As always, experience is the best teacher, except it comes a little too late. So let my experience be of some help today.

Here is a brief list of things you might want to have packed in a pretty bag a few weeks before your due date:

1. Your own pillow
2. Your own blanket

These first two items are all the more important if you are the kind of person with her favorite pillow and cozy blanket. They will also help render the sterile hospital environment a little more comfortable.

3. A nightgown that will be easy to open for breastfeeding, and comfortable enough should you have a C-Section.
4. Warm socks. The hospital can get cold, especially at night.
5. Underwear.
6. Nursing Bras.
7. Nipple Cream and Nursing Pads.
8. Makeup and Mirror. They will take a lot of pictures, and you will want to cover up the “leave me alone, I just had a baby!” look.
9. Robe and Slippers. Comfort, comfort, comfort.
10. Toothbrush and Toothpaste.
11. Hair Brush.
12. Deodorant.
13. Camera and Charger.
14. Phone and Charger.
15. List of Friends to call.
16. Coming home outfit for the Baby.
17. Snacks.
18. Coming home clothes for You.
19. Big Sister, Big Brother t-shirts for Siblings.
20. List of Names if still undecided.
21. A Belly Band for postpartum belly.

I think this should be a good start. And don’t feel like these things are so obvious, because in the heat of the moment you will forget something!

We forgot the phone charger and I was sooo annoyed when my phone died and I couldn’t post Facebook updated about my cervical dilation (my brother, on the other hand, was incredibly grateful my battery died! lol)

Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment